Monday, April 23, 2012

I want a Heart that is Alive

I won't despise in my life that which makes me lean upon Christ. For His strength is perfected in my weakness. I say yes. I'd rather have the fire now and come out with a heart of gold. At the end of my life the question will be, did I learn to love? Was His likeness formed in me? Let there be no resistance in me towards Your plan and Your hands. You do everything it takes to keep me dependent, to keep Your strength manifesting through my weakness. What does the Potter see in the clay that He molds it and forms it this way? What's in His eyes that He does not despise this lump though it is yet unmade? Round and round the Potter's wheel goes. The right amount of pressure He knows to make me a vessel of honor to showcase His glory, to leak His beauty. Caught a glimpse of Your beauty, Jesus. Tasted a love that surpasses all of life's pleasures. Light is dancing all around You. Light is dancing all within You. I see how You carried Your reward inside You. I see the smile dancing behind your eyes. Could that smile that's in your eyes, be in mine all the days of my life? Your delight is in the fear of the Lord, in living before Your Father's eyes, your Father's heart. There's no shadow of turning, no compromise. Could I carry my reward on the inside? Jesus, You stand as a witness of what the Father will do with a life poured out. It looked as though You had labored in vain. But now you are seated at the highest place. Could I carry my reward on the inside? Could I have that life behind my eyes? That joy that is incorruptible and surpasses understanding.

1 comment:

arnie&bekah said...

Wow I love this:) It is hard to not wish away the refining! But He is up to something, it is not for nothing that we go through the fire, not a wasted flame... it's all for His glory. He is good!