Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Standard of Faithfulness

"Many claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find?" Proverbs 20:6

Faithful men are and have always been rare.

I have seen a few in my life. My 2 grandpas and my Dad are the ones I admire the most.

I have watched my grandparents' marriages for years and seen them grow closer and closer.

I have observed my Dad getting up every morning without fail to read his Bible before going to work. No matter how tired, weary or discouraged he is, he gets up every day again and is faithful in the mundane. He goes to my brothers' sports games. He supports me 100% in everything I do and have done.

A sure sign of someone's character is to watch them in the every-day, mundane, how they live their life. How do they do things that are done every day? How does their heart look and what attitude do they have? Are they steady? Do they keep going while keeping their heart soft before the Lord and not just checking-out?

I have seen very, very few of these people, but I have seen some. They are out there :)

Faithfulness is extremely rare especially in modern day American culture, and everywhere for that matter.

I will always hold faithfulness as one of the highest, most noble and admirable qualities a person can have.

Until I get married I will have high standards regarding faithfulness.... and I will marry someone like my Daddy <3

No comments: